CBS Mornings is in search of a Producer to work on the 4am show CBS Morning News! This position would work as part of a producing team to create a fast-paced, network news broadcast.
CBS Mornings is in search of a Producer to work on the 4am show CBS Morning News! This position would work as part of a producing team to create a fast-paced, network news broadcast. The position calls for a proven background in journalism, television production and its required skills, including solid news judgment, rundown management, concise broadcast writing and critical thinking. It also requires a broad, current knowledge of national and world events. The Producer will collaborate with a team of writers to craft a dynamic and forward-looking broadcast. You will work closely with the network's news desks, and the senior staff at CBS Mornings to aggressively cover the big stories of the day and breaking news that happens overnight.
- The candidate should have several years of experience producing network, cable, or local television news in a major market. This position requires someone with experience building a rundown, who can use video, graphics, and other elements to improve coverage of every story.
- We are looking for someone who is a strong tease writer, who can efficiently keep a show to time, and is comfortable in a television control room. The incumbent should be proficient in AP writing style and have knowledge of ENPS. Familiarity with Avid Assist and NewsCutter is a plus.
- Candidates should be able to focus on accuracy while working in a high-pressure live television environment.
- The Producer will play a key role in all aspects of the broadcast! You will be charged with ensuring the CBS Morning News is not a recap of the previous day's news, but instead an urgent and fresh broadcast that sets the stage for CBS Mornings.
- The shift will be overnight, producing in-person, between the hours of 9pm - 5am.
Hiring Salary Range: $87,000.00 - 125,000.00.