WGRZ is looking for a Producer to join our winning team. The producer must be curious, creative and lead the room with a strong editorial voice.
Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, conversational writing, and innovative formats.
The ideal candidate will break the mold with innovative ideas for daily content while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of the newscast with near perfection.
• Produce a creative and informative newscast
• Coordinate writing, editing of scripts that mix video, sound and graphics to enhance storytelling
• Coordinate and plan live shots
• Develop and oversee the production of graphics
• Work under deadlines
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Communicate with anchors, field crews and control room staff
• Position may require working nights, weekends and holidays
• Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute news
• Must keep up on local, state, national and international events
• Contribute story ideas to the newsroom daily
• Contribute content to WGRZ.com and digital properties
• Must work individually as well as part of a team
• Must have 1-3 years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong Writer
• Solid News Judgement
• This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills
• Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.