12 News- KPNX, the TEGNA-owed NBC affiliate in Phoenix, AZ is looking for a motivated, innovative Producer to oversee the creation and management of engaging, compelling content in the fifth largest city in the country.
Phoenix, Arizona Area
Jun 22, 2022
A successful Producer candidate will foster a strong sense of purpose to continuing 12 News’ commitment to serving our community.
This person needs to be a skilled communicator and understand how to multi-task in a deadline-driven, major market newsroom. This is NOT an entry-level position. We are looking for a curious, energetic Producer who can juggle several projects at one time, liaising with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Write, stack, edit, and line produce a daily newscast for broadcast and streaming
- Help produce breaking news content and special projects
- Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, deep dive content, and specialized material
- Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Work directly with Executive Producer & other management to consistently build a high-quality newscast and plan for upcoming events
- Use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
- Write in a conversational, accurate and creative way
- Identify daily opportunities to have content get noticed and grow audience
- Develop fresh ideas through social listening and relationship building
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in large or medium market
- Exceptional news judgment
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- Proven track record of skill and leadership
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays as needed
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.