Do you love movies and cinematic television? EPIX, an MGM company, is seeking a discerning Producer/Editor who will be responsible for writing, producing and editing EPIX on-air and off-air theatrical quality creative marketing materials.
Greater New York City Area
Feb 15, 2022
The position requires wild creativity and a developed sense of responsibility and organization. This person must be an endless resource of ideas for their own projects and for the department. This is a role for someone with a refined sense of creative excellence, understands storytelling , brings enthusiasm and a cinematic tone to every project and has an insatiable desire to create emotionally powerful work.
- Work with Creative Director to develop A/V creative for on-air and off-air spots including brand image, monthly affiliate cross channel, VOD pre-roll, theatrical trailers, original series teases, episodics, BTS, etc.
- Write innovative copy and conceptualize unique, contemporary brand spots
- Develop, write, produce and edit multiple concepts for each assignment
- Exhibit comfort in ability to pitch ideas and cuts to all levels of management
- Stay current on programming schedule, affiliate deals and marketing calendars in order to better strategize and foresee promotional projects
- Prepare creative briefs when necessary and meticulously complete project assignment forms and other administrative paperwork
- Ensure all projects are archived according to department standards
- Communicate with and inspire graphic designers and supervise execution
- Book and direct audio engineers and voice-over talent
SKILL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- College degree in Communications, Literature, Journalism or a creative discipline preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience producing and editing exceptional spots & trailers for television, preferably premium scripted television with a network, streamer or creative agency
- Must have experience promoting scripted original series
- Strong understanding of all phases of pre-production, production and post-production
- Superior writing skills and understanding the importance of audio are a must
- Passion for staying current on industry trends
- Must know Adobe Premiere and Mac based work environment. After Effects and Adobe suite a plus
- Ability to take a project from concept to completion, including all phases of development
- Link to reel of recent/relevant work required for consideration