We are seeking an experienced Seasonal Producer/Editor.
The Producer/Editor will work in the Creative Services team producing multi-platform content and supporting interdepartmental projects.
Greater Chicago Area
- Write, film, and edit multi-platform content including commercials, segments, and station promos.
- Produce content that translates to ratings and is aligned with the department and network’s goals.
- Create informational graphics and other supporting material for News and Promotions team.
- Responsible for proper maintenance and operation of editing equipment, cameras, audio equipment, and lighting equipment.
- Ability to multitask to meet deadlines, and work well under pressure with quick turnarounds.
- Must attend and participate in all scheduled meetings.
- Must interact with clients and other departments in a professional manner and maintain transparent dialogue.
- Coordinate productions with CS Director, CS Team, and sales department.
- Create and maintain organization for all projects including scripts, music beds, jingles and gfx elements, and spots.
- Show initiative and willingness to help team succeed on daily tasks and major projects.
- Plan and execute projects independently, being mindful about deadlines and other scheduled projects.
- English and Spanish proficiency
- Experience working in creative production.
- Experience with digital capture and video editing software.
- Understanding of the production process, workflow, and terminology.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Able to tackle a project both independently and with a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 4+ years of experience in Creative Services, production department or agency.
- Excellent Spanish language communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to operate multiple cameras and equipment, including Sony A7r, Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Panasonic P2, and various lighting and audio equipment.
- Knowledge in graphic design and special effects
- Strong videography skills and knowledge in video composition including framing and lighting
- Able to multitask, be self-motivated, well organized, and with a “can-do” mentality
- Highly motivated team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Display great attitude, and be a positive, collaborative influence on the team.
- Ability to work a flexible and variable schedule; willing to work nights or weekends, as circumstances require.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Production or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
Must have a valid Illinois Driver’s License and maintain a good driving record.
Day, Evening, Overnight