CUMULUS MEDIA | Tucson is searching for an experienced Assistant Program Director/Producer for Wildcats Radio 1290.
We strive to hire people who are passionate about radio, driven, resourceful and problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success. The successful candidate knows we work in the entertainment business and takes pride in the success of their On-Air talent.
Who We Are:
CUMULUS | Tucson currently features 5 stations in the Tucson area and surrounding counties. Our stations include: 99.5 KIIM FM, Wildcat Radio 1290 AM, KHYT 107.5 Station, 97.5 THE VIBE and 1400 KTUC. The cluster of 5 stations reaches thousands of listeners on a daily basis.
The Producer organizes, conceptualizes and develops topics, features and guests for Wildcats Radio 1290 that represents the lifestyle and interests of the show’s listeners. They also partner with the show’s hosts, Program Director and others to create engaging content, increase listenership, and enhance subscriber satisfaction and passion. The producer is responsible for the daily technical operation of the show as well as keeping the show’s social platforms relevant and up-to-date.
KCUB – Assistant Program Director Job Description
• Strong social and digital skills
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, multi-task and the discipline to focus and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with on-air staff, departments and clients
• Creative and strategic problem solver
• Strong Multimedia Journalism skills including, podcasting production, and video shooting and editing. Strong understanding of social media ‘best practices’
• Ability to work with creative individuals as part of a team, excellent leadership skills, Great attitude including the ability to handle pressure situations in a mature manner
• Deep knowledge of sports, music, pop culture and current events and how they relate to the station’s target demo
• Savvy computer skills Strong production skills and knowledge of OpX, VOX Pro/Adobe Audition and Audacity
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
• Must be flexible with work hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Key responsibilities and duties for Assistant Sports Radio Program Director included but not limited to:
• Supervise live management and radio board operation production of the show’s daily moment to moment content, sound and presentation.
• Creation and updating of all ‘in show’ and ‘out of show’ imaging, produced teases/promos and production elements that support both the show and station contesting, promotions and imaging campaigns.
• Assists the Program Director by coordinating with Programming and Sales to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns.
• Schedule and supervise board ops and producers including posting a work schedule two weeks in advance.
• Searches out and shares all possible web content with Program Director and Online Content Producers.
• Managing the show’s daily digital content with regards to relevance, creativity and tune-in messaging, 7 days a week, on our website, texting and social media platforms including the use of scheduling software for evening, weekend and holiday posts.
• Build the show’s social brand Create produce Digital Show content including audio and video to post to station’s digital platforms. UA interviews must be posted to website in a timely manner (within 3 hours of the show) along with Audiograms/Social Media Posts with links to interview of station website. Ensure that show social media posts are executed before during and after the local show (Show Preview/Guest Alert/ICYMI). Post stories to website and social media on a timely basis.
• Adequately prepares for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material. This includes providing current and timely audio and cutsheets daily for the broadcast day. Daily audio includes UA press conferences, coaches show and play by play cuts. Daily sound must be fresh whenever possible including pressers that happened that day.
• Prepare and Produce UA Pre and Postgame shows. Duties include ensuring daily rundown and show map is followed. Prepare audio from the week for pregame show with cutsheets for host and analysts for each pre and post. Ensure post game sound is prepared for after the game including play by play sound, and post-game comments from coaches and players. Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the station's operation are aired. Prepare for and deliver assigned duties on air on the radio broadcast.
• Actively participate in the development of daily content by developing & researching topics for discussion; conceptualize, write and produce appropriate segments.
• Book and pre-interview guests.
• Manage daily expectations of on-air hosts and programming strategy
• Generate topics that drive conversations and listenership
• Collaborate with show hosts and station program director to ensure that the show’s structure and content is being presented in the strongest way possible for maximum ratings growth
• Give direction to presenters, content providers, assistants and other production crew members
• Execute a high degree of planning and organization while being able to multitask and meet specific deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Organize and document daily preshow, post-show and afternoon planning meetings.
• Attend meetings with the station’s program director to ensure content, tactical plans and image are consistent with the station’s overall strategy.
• Attending promotion, sales and station planning meetings to represent the show and provide clear communication between all when needed.
• Coordinate logistics for remote and special broadcasts including UA pre and postgame shows and broadcasts.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with producers, SID/PR Representatives, and media members.
• Set an example for your peers Exceed traditional expectations
• Informs Program Director of any anomalies or deficiencies that may warrant correction or resolution
• Design and manage a system for archiving audio, show content, digital content including play by play cuts.
• Tactical planning for future shows, immediate opportunities, and interviews
• Obtains permissions or licenses for recording or broadcasting on location, and for the use of music, sound effects and audio archive material
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Works an approved and previously agreed upon shift. May work flexible hours and weekends and be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• Keeps up to date with relevant material appropriate for the station.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Radio Producer and/or Assistant in a smaller market or college station
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Radio or Media Production, or related field is preferred
- Strong social and digital experience
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, multi-task and the discipline to focus and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with on-air staff, departments and clients
- Creative and strategic problem solver
- Ability to work with creative individuals as part of a team; excellent leadership skills
- A strong understanding of PPM / Nielsen Ratings and ability to interpret various kinds of research
- Deep knowledge of music, pop culture and current events and how they relate to the station’s target demo
- Have and build great relationships in the music / entertainment community with a deep contact list
- Savvy computer skills and proficiency with ratings, research and music (Stratus) programs
- Strong production skills and knowledge of Op X, VOX Pro/Adobe Audition and Audacity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Must be flexible with work hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
For immediate consideration, please visit https://cumulusmedia.jobs.net/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: https://www.cumulusmedia.com/
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).