We are seeking a Producer who will generate and manage content for single hour topical narrative specials for Hulu, network specials, and multi-part narrative non-fiction projects
Greater New York City Area
Apr 07, 2022
We are seeking people with a passion for telling buzzworthy stories related to true crime, investigations, pop culture, news specials and docu-series and who have the ability to see around the corner as they develop the next big thing. The Producer should have strong journalistic integrity and be able to craft entertaining narrative with a distinct visual look. They must have superb writing skills and be able to work with other production staff to hone their writing. The Producer will oversee a team of Field Producers, APs, and PAs to produce long form content and will be responsible for their professional development.
It is essential that the Producer can multi-task and work on both longer term projects and quicker turn specials. The position calls for field and edit room producing often under deadline pressure. This producer should be resourceful, innovative and highly creative. There will be heavy emphasis on story structure and production value.
- Produces in depth narrative news and nonfiction specials for distribution mainly on streaming platforms.
- Develops and produces longer term multi-part specials and series
- Reports, writes and produces complex longform stories under deadline pressure
- Helps identify and coordinate staffing needs for the project
- Collaborate across news division and specialized units
- Minimum three(3) years’ experience producing longform non-fiction content in a news, documentary, or similar environment
- Minimum one(1) year experience working in field producing content or providing production support
- Creative vision to conceptualize a longform story from preproduction through post production
- Collaborates with production partners and various internal and external platforms
- Strong research, excellent written and communication skills
- Superb script writing skills, demonstrated experience writing full acts or segments
- Impeccable editorial judgment and journalistic integrity
- Booking and interviewing
- Demonstrated experience working one on with an editor directing cuts of full acts or segments
- Familiarity with a fast-paced news environment and understanding of news ecosystem
- Multitask and problem solve under pressure
- Innovate through creative devices and new framing
- 5 or more years prior longform producing experience in news or documentary
- Demonstrated experience writing multiple acts of a network special, documentary, or similar content
- BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience.