Miramar, FL NBC 6 South Florida (WTVJ) has a unique opportunity for a news producer interested in driving and expanding our storytelling with a focus on issues surrounding race, politics and culture.
You must be a creative producer with solid news judgment committed to telling the stories of people often overlooked and underreported. In this role, you would be responsible for producing one daily regular newscast and the weekly show, Voices.
You’ll need to write, copy edit, edit video, gather content and produce elements all under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy and credibility. You must be willing to react to breaking news, change your rundown accordingly, contribute story ideas daily, create graphics, assign & edit news-copy as well as produce other newscasts & specials as needed. Must be willing to work long hours during breaking news, hurricanes and severe weather, if required.
• Degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience producing in a broadcast or cable news environment
• Able to work a flexible schedule and shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays and breaking news with short notice.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web, and mobile
• Experience as a producer in a major market for television, web based news service or mid-sized market
• Experience utilizing social media as a news gathering/reporting tool
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure
• Familiarity with South Florida a plus
• Up-to-date on and interested in current news and race and culture events
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
• Team player who is flexible
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
• Strong organizational skills