Denver’s most watched newscast, Next with Kyle Clark on 9NEWS (KUSA), is looking for a new producer.
Greater Denver Area
Jul 14, 2022
The ideal candidate isn’t just the best stacker, but they’re also excited about continuing to build a community of viewers who are open minded to thoughtful discussion. They want to challenge the ways local news is presented. Next is a team sport. Its success is entirely dependent on collaboration and bringing together all the contributors to make for an interesting, highly watchable show.
Here are some things you’ll find on Next: A micro-giving campaign that has raised more than 9-million dollars for underfunded organizations, five dollars at a time. Commentaries that aren’t afraid to say the unsaid. Political reporting that refuses to take anything at face value. Reminders of what is good in this world.
Here are some things you won’t find on Next: Clichés. Random crime stories. Wire copy. Traditional weather or sports.
Pay range: $27-$35/hour
The Producer will:
- Find and write great content
- Work with the show’s anchor to greenlight and help guide reporter pitches
- Conduct interviews and build their own stories
- Reimagine the rundown
- Brainstorm and create new segments and franchises
- Develop cross-platform plans for our broadcast, social media and digital audiences
- Sense of humor
- Strong opinions
- Pithy writing skills
- Works well with others
- Excellent grasp of the tenets of professional journalism
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications preferred
- Shooting and editing are a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.