The Producer, Specialty Programming is responsible for the organizing, writing, shooting and editing of a non-news local production and oversees story selection and placement, graphics, teases, pre-production.
Buffalo/Niagara, New York Area
This roles is responsible for ensuring quality content for clients and directly participates in the management of the show as it airs from the control room and the studio.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Books segments and writes all copy not supplied by co-hosts
- Attends and field produces on-location segments to ensure the best quality of segment for the show and client satisfaction
- Works with account executives to enterprise ideas for their clients, assists with sales leads and client management
- Meets with clients to discuss segment ideas, guest sheets and works with them to develop creative content that will sell their product.
- Acts as line producer in the control room, working closely with the director and making quick decisions when needed and timing an hour-long show.
- Acts as floor producer for the show to meet with the guests when they arrive, coordinate their live segment, which includes getting them set up with a microphone and helping them set up their display, as well as prepare the green room and studio for the upcoming show.
- Uses editing programs to create graphics for clients
- Manage busy host and client schedules in a timely manner under deadline with the ability to problem solve on the go.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with clients to ensure successful segments and station partnership
- Works as a team to develop engaging posts for social media including creating ideas for live streaming opportunities.
- Lends expertise to the client to help them better understand television and how it can help their product
- Conceptualize and execute station initiatives and special projects
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years professional broadcasting experience preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Ability to write feature packages.
- Must be creative, possess excellent communication skills and be able to work under deadline pressures.
- Must be able to work with clients and have strong customer service skills.
- Mastery of newsroom equipment
- Knowledge of personal computers and internet usage.
- Proficient in shooting video for a wide range of station projects, including commercials, promotional spots, and local programming.
Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.