The Tasty video producer creates compelling Tasty programming for our platforms. Must be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with solid knowledge of social media, food content, and emerging technology/platforms.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Dec 01, 2022
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Editorial
Salary: 62,000-72,000 USD
Union Status: Non Union
The ideal candidate has a background in production and an obsession with storytelling and creating food content.
You will work closely with your colleagues on the editorial video team, culinary team and social team to create original content, actively contribute to brainstorms and identify new formats to try. You'll develop, produce, and occasionally edit video content. Through a basic understanding of analytics and a foundational comprehension of the digital landscape as it relates to Tasty, you are able to identify successful concepts and apply them to your producing.
You exhibit a willingness to learn, experiment and participate in new initiatives, as necessary.
You value diversity of all types and can execute that commitment in creator outreach, content brainstorming and building relationships with talent.
- From brainstorming to on-schedule asset delivery, deliver videos that drive views and engagement on social media channels
- Develop clever ways to illustrate video concepts, creating and identifying new formats through an understanding of brand POV, analytics, business needs and the digital landscape
- Own pre-production, including research, casting/talent sourcing, scripting, crew, and location booking, as necessary. Write treatments, shot lists and breakdowns.Organize and coordinate shoots. Oversee post process to ensure timely delivery.
- Produce shoots and direct talent, when appropriate
- Deliver polished edits that illustrate a keen understanding of what works on social media; shift between editing, as needed, and overseeing editors
- Manage production queue, asset delivery, and upload across content management tools including Google Sheets and Airtable.
- Work collaboratively across departments including culinary, social, production and post
- Participate in creative initiatives and new projects, as necessary, with manager oversight
- Light recipe development and writing, as necessary
- Other tasks & initiatives related to Tasty, as assigned by leadership
- 3-5 years of experience with video production and familiarity with DSLR cameras, lighting, editing, and audio recording.
- 3-5 years proven experience creating compelling food content for the web
- Strong passion for food/cooking shows, both digital and linear
- Skilled at the Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop)
- The ability to work independently while remaining an excellent collaborator
- A thorough understanding of Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and TikTok and what makes content shareable
- Strong organizational, multitasking and communication skills
- The desire and skills to mentor junior colleagues, as appropriate
- The ability to quickly adapt and deliver quality content within an ever changing digital environment