Our digital product team develops experiences to serve the needs of our diverse audiences.
KQED is redefining public media to be more inclusive, participatory, and community-powered. In a time when misinformation and distrust in media are growing, we are committed to being the trusted journalistic source serving the needs of the Bay Area.
Our digital product team develops experiences to serve the needs of our diverse audiences. This includes partnering with editorial teams on essential content like the 2020 Voter Guide, developing new content formats, and building the infrastructure to power personalized experiences. Our team is still small and growing, so this is an opportunity to shape the future of KQED’s digital efforts.
One of our core values at KQED is that we are better together, and that we commit to learning, growth, and holding ourselves accountable. We value the contributions of marginalized people in society — including Black, Indigenous, and all people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people — and we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, and we strongly encourage members of these communities to apply.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the strategy and outcomes for an area of kqed.org. Recommend what we should do, why we should do it, and how we can get there.
- Become our product expert by listening to and learning from our users, our stakeholders, and our competitors.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to ship and iterate on impactful products and features. Guide our organization from discovery to launch.
- Partner with marketing and other stakeholders to manage launch and go-to-market efforts.
- Develop a deep understanding of the data about how users engage with our products. Share that knowledge throughout KQED to drive better decisions.
- Contribute to the culture and processes of our growing product team!
We are looking for someone like you to:
- Be mission-driven to improve the quality of information and discussion over the most pressing issues facing the Bay Area. We're non-partisan, but we are not neutral: we're rooted in values of shared humanity, mutual respect, and social and racial equality.
- Bring at least 3 years of product management experience delivering consumer-facing digital products and steering data-driven decisions.
- Be a tenacious problem solver with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done well.
- Be an excellent communicator who can influence different personalities who don't report to you.
- Help drive our qualitative and quantitative research.
- Influence technical decisions by understanding how things work, how they’re built, and what that means for our users and the business.
Benefits and Perks:
Whether you’re single, married, have children, are in a domestic partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees at KQED enjoy a family friendly workplace with PTO, holidays, paid parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) with employer match. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers training to support personal and professional development. In addition, we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness programs as well as free KQED membership.
KQED is a workplace in which civility and respect between and among all staff are core values. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and we encourage individuals of color, LGBTQ and women to apply.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide citizens with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st-century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.
We celebrate diversity, embrace innovation, value lifelong learning and partner with those who share our passion for public services.