QVC’s Studio Operations department has an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to become an On Call/Freelance* Production Artisan/Carpenter at our Studio Park location in West Chester, PA.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Studio Operations, the On Call Scenic Carpenter/Production Artisan constructs and produces sets, environments and fixtures that best support the on air image, presentation and sales of individual product, as well as maintain the style of QVC.
*This position is On Call. (Hours are during the day shift ; Weekdays or Weekends). Must reside locally, approximately 40 miles from West Chester, PA.
Constructs scenery utilizing a variety of construction techniques and materials, including, but not limited to, working in wood, steel, aluminum, plastics, fiberglass, foams (polyurethane, polystyrene, extruded, etc.), laminates and composites. Paints scenery utilizing a variety of scene painting techniques and materials that are common to the industry. Handles sign production utilizing Gerber vinyl and CNC equipment with Photoshop and Gerber software. Assists with large set changes and load-ins.
This includes but is not limited to, assembly and disassembly of sets and rigging, scenic painting of floor, placement of furniture and set props. Organizes and maintains warehouse of sets and furniture, including repair of sets and furniture. Also inventory control as new sets come in and old are discarded.
Ensures that the shop is properly supplied by maintaining an inventory spread sheet and consequently ordering needed supplies in a specific area such as hardware. Rents equipment, tools and vehicles as needed. Dresses sets when needed. Other business related duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related art field, television production or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Three- Five years of demonstrated experience with set construction, technical or design experience in television, theatrical or entertainment operations required.
- Experience with Auto CAD or Vector works strongly preferred.
- Experience with 3D Printer highly desired.
- Experience working with: Gerber, CNC router with Photoshop and power tools used in construction required.
- Ability to manage high volume workload at an accelerated pace.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines required.
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to comprehend and apply complex information.
- Ability to differentiate between colors.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Ability to access and enter information quickly and accurately using an automated system.
- Ability to operate general office equipment (i.e., fax machine, photocopier, printer, etc.) stationed between 3 and 4 feet high.
- Ability to lift items weighing approximately 70 lbs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to perform basic/advanced math calculations.
- Ability to work on elevated surfaces (i.e., lighting rafters, etc.).
****Please include a link for us to view photos of your work.****
*This position is On Call (Hours are during the day shift ; Weekdays or Weekends).