Perform duties for production of live and taped programming including but not limited to: Audio, Ross Overdrive and Xpression graphics, robotic cameras, news editing, ingest and monitor commercials to external and internal servers.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Hartford, Connecticut Area
Jun 12, 2023
Perform duties for production of live and taped programming including but not limited to: Audio, Ross Overdrive and Xpression graphics, robotic cameras, news editing, ingest and monitor commercials to external and internal servers. Tune in live shots to coordinate ENG remotes – communicate with newsroom to identify field crews live locations and work with them to establish and tune in live shots. The successful candidate will be a team-focused, results driven individual who is able to work effectively with limited guidance while pursing our station’s goals.
- May be responsible for newscast editing, tuning in live shots and ingesting video or commercials or assisting in the operation of automated production equipment including Ross Cambots, Ross Overdrive and Xpression.
- Participate in live and taped field operations for special events, on site and remote productions. Operate ENG style cameras, assist with microwave capability/ setup of equipment for production of live and taped programming.
- Monitor and be actively involved with quality assurance; responsible for on-air readiness and pre-show equipment checks. Take a hands-on role in the care and upkeep of production studios, broadcast equipment including but not limited to studio cameras, set pieces, lighting and audio equipment.
- 2 years previous related production work in one or more of the following areas including but not limited to Audio, Automated Production Control broadcast, Production Graphics, Non-Linear video editing, Production and ENG camera operation.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights and to return to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage.
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
- Must be willing to work at the station in West Hartford, CT.
- Must be a member or be willing to become a member of the IBEW union.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- 3 years’ experience working in a Production related role in a live broadcast environment
- Proficient in Dalet Galaxy
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere
- Working knowledge of Microsoft O365 suite including Outlook and Teams.
- College or vocational school education in broadcast communications or journalism
- Team player who is flexible
- Motivated and has ability to work on their own unsupervised
- Displays a positive work ethic and can work under time specific deadlines
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
- Up to date on and interested in current news events
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to work well and communicate with others
Day, Evening, Overnight