KAGS-TV has an immediate opening for a PT Production Assistant in Bryan/College Station, TX. This position is an important member of the behind-the-scenes operations staff.
Employees will be responsible for operating studio cameras, audio boards, news graphics computers, video production boards, and various broadcast equipment during live newscasts and assisting in other productions as needed. Lifting equipment, climbing ladders and other physical activity will be required. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to begin their career in television with a rapidly evolving company.
• Operation of studio camera, teleprompter, and various broadcast equipment.
• Prepare studio for newscasts
• Maintain studio lighting
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be dependable, well organized and able to perform quickly under pressure of deadlines
• High school diploma, 1-3 years’ experience as camera operator or studio technician
• Ability to communicate with all station personnel in a variety of live and/or recorded situations
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%