Get in touch if you’re ready to launch your career in journalism, love working with a team, and have what it takes to work on a fast-paced live show. This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Aug 18, 2023
Get in touch if you’re ready to launch your career in journalism, love working with a team, and have what it takes to work on a fast-paced live show.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
- Work closely with Producers and other members of the show team to find and edit the best video, sound and graphics for assigned stories.
- Keep a constant eye on show rundowns to make sure video and graphics are in place, accurate and current.
- Pitch smart and engaging stories for daily and future segments that will resonate with our audience.
- Help research and fact check stories with speed and accuracy
- Check and double check your work
- Collaborate with reporters, anchors and colleagues
- Adhere to NBC News standards and practices
- You’ve worked in broadcast, digital or cable, including internships, for 2+ years or have a degree in journalism/broadcast news
- You know how to edit video on Premiere and/or Avid
- You’ve got passion for journalism and are up on the latest news across multiple subject areas
- You are able to handle multiple projects with attention to detail under intense deadline
- You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short
- You thrive working in a collaborative team environment
- You pay attention to the details of everything you work on
- You’re ready to jump in on projects as they come up
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- You are willing to work in New York, New York
Salary range: $20/hr-$25/hr.