As a production assistant for Nightly News, you will work directly with the Executive Producer and Senior Producer, along with the production team and the Director to assist in the production of a live, 30-minute, nightly broadcast.
Greater New York City Area
Aug 26, 2022
You’ll also help producers work on daily spots, assisting with logging and research.
- Maintain a daily schedule and ensure that the Executive Producer is on time to meetings
- Pitch/Assist producers with story development and day-of-air crashes
- Coordinate graphics for the show including helping the Digital team post content across Nightly social media platforms
- Assist with production during broadcast in the control room (building banners, chryons, and tape buckets)
- Learn production assistant skills in the control room and studio during the broadcast
- Pitch, research, update and develop trending stories for Nightly News broadcasts on deadline
- Book, log and conduct interviews/pre-interviews
- Print/format script pages by labeling cues for graphing and taped elements
- Distribute scripts to anchor and control room staff
- Edit VOs and Teases for broadcast on tight deadline
- Track trending stories and provide updates to Nightly team according
- Schedule numerous meetings involving multiple-attendees and locations (and be able to prioritize meetings based on the pulse of the newsroom)
- Arrange travel itineraries, car service requests, ad expense reports for multiple people on short notice for breaking news situations
- Organize activities for staff, including, but not limited to catering lunch and planning staff parties
- Willingness and availability to work additional hours, at short notice as needed, for breaking news to help update the broadcast
Basic Qualification/ Eligibility Requirements:
- Must have at least 1-2 years news production experience at the network level, preferably with an evening news broadcast
- Must be able to shoot and expected to edit on desktop
- Must be proficient in Outlook, iNews, twitter, Facebook, etc
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
- Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed.
- Must be willing to work in NYC.
- Ability to shoot digital video and/or still photography
- Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
- Strong story telling ability
- Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices.