Do you have a passion for longform production, true crime mysteries and high-profile news stories? Do you have experience writing SEO-friendly headlines and managing social media accounts? ABC’s 20/20 is hiring a Production Associate to support show and digital producers.
Greater New York City Area
Jul 21, 2023
Do you have a passion for longform production, true crime mysteries and high-profile news stories? Do you have experience writing SEO-friendly headlines and managing social media accounts? ABC’s 20/20 is hiring a Production Associate to support show and digital producers. The ideal candidate will have an understanding how video production works and experience managing social media accounts and digital platforms. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Gather video elements and graphics.
- Assist with research and fact checking.
- Book interviews with guests
- Work closely with Legal, Rights and Clearances.
- Handle logistics for field shoots and interviews (schedule crews and locations).
- Digitize video.
- Pitch story ideas and engage in story development.
- Travel to field shoots/breaking news locations on short notice.
- Media management.
- Assist with managing 20/20 social media accounts and engage with social audiences.
- Produce engaging content, including text, graphics, and short-form video for digital platforms.
- Assist in development and implementation of a social media strategy to drive followers, engagement, and conversation across all social arms.
- Identify new social opportunities while partnering with show producers.
- Ability to edit videos quickly and under pressure, particularly with a sense for digital-friendly formats such as vertical video preferred.
- Ability to work well with others and perform duties under deadline in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in all Windows/Outlook/One Drive functions.
- Must be conscientious, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in long-format production is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of online editing is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $46,640- $64,130.