The Production Associate works on a project through the completion of pre-production. As a PA, they are available to support the artists and production crew on all tasks during pre-production and production.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Sep 13, 2023
The Production Associate works on a project through the completion of pre-production. As a PA, they are available to support the artists and production crew on all tasks during pre-production and production. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Gathering all artwork including character models, props and location designs for shipments to production facilities, including labelling, categorizing and creating final model packs for shipment.
- Organizes asset files, uploads models to Insight, preps files for Background Painters and Color Designer.
- Maintain all artwork files to be in standardized formats, including naming conventions.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of design lists as needed.
- Take notes at assigned meetings - conference calls (Zoom) with Vendor, animation launches, etc.
- Getting Director’s approval on artwork.
- Providing any necessary materials for artists including reference.
- Pulling “same as” artwork
- Quality control for line quality in digital artwork
- Communicating any delays to Production Manager or Supervisor immediately
- Assisting in the archival of artwork once a production is complete
- Make suggestions for streamlining and improving pipelines including ideas for re-use, workflow efficiencies, and flagging complexity issues.
- Assisting in prepping materials for awards submissions
- Update and maintain production art boards.
- Maintains a helpful attitude, while showing eagerness and curiosity.
- Helps organize morale events as directed by the Line Producer / Associate Producer or Production Manager/Production Supervisor.
- Performing all other applicable duties as assigned by Line Producer or Production Manager
- Additional duties as necessary, or as defined by individual contracts
- Ability to oversee multiple tasks and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
- Mac or PC proficient
- Familiar with Final Draft 9.0, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator, ToonBoom Storyboard Pro
- Knowledgeable use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
The pay rate for this role in California is $22.40 to $30.83 per hour.