ABC News' acclaimed late-night television news program, Nightline, is currently seeking a dynamic and dedicated Production Associate to join our team. As a Production Associate, you will play a crucial role in the creation of compelling news stories with a magazine-style approach.
Greater New York City Area
Jul 24, 2023
ABC News' acclaimed late-night television news program, Nightline, is currently seeking a dynamic and dedicated Production Associate to join our team. As a Production Associate, you will play a crucial role in the creation of compelling news stories with a magazine-style approach. If you thrive on the adrenaline rush of capturing breaking news while incorporating engaging storytelling techniques, this is the perfect opportunity for you. This position requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Efficiently and accurately log video footage.
- Collaborate with the graphics team to develop visually appealing and informative on-screen graphics.
- Retrieve relevant archival footage from the extensive ABC News library to support current news stories and enhance their context.
- Conduct thorough fact-checking and verification of information presented in news stories to ensure accuracy and credibility.
- Pitching and researching story ideas for Nightline and Impact
- Organize and manage media assets, including video files, images, and audio recordings, ensuring efficient storage and retrieval for production purposes.
- Assist with video editing tasks, including assembling footage, cutting and trimming clips, and incorporating graphics.
- Work with legal team to ensure compliance with licensing and clearance requirements for all media assets used in production, including footage, images, music, and other copyrighted materials.
- Previous experience in a production-related role, preferably within a news environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in video logging and editing software. (Knowledge of Avid is a plus)
- Excellent research skills and the ability to fact-check information to maintain the highest standards of accuracy and journalistic integrity.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively within a fast-paced team environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing news priorities and work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $46,600 to $75,800 per year based on a 40 hour work week.