The production coordinator will help streamline multiple aspects of production from pre-production to distribution.
Greater New York City Area
Jan 03, 2022
The video department at Simon & Schuster produces hundreds of videos per year, which are distributed across various social platforms and partners. Our content ranges from long form pieces to branded social media content to livestreams.
The production coordinator will help streamline multiple aspects of production from pre-production to distribution. This position will work in tandem with the director and the entire video / digital department to organize and execute unique content that helps market our books more effectively. This is NOT a TV role.
Please note that this is a one year full time assignment for 2022 and not a permanent position.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain various departmental shoot calendars, spreadsheets, reports, and documents.
- Coordinate remote shoots and livestream logistics
- Document meetings and identify action items.
- Empower team members to complete their jobs well and on schedule by helping obtain the information and resources they need.
- Overseeing upkeep and maintenance of video archive
- Communicating with various departments within the company through various stages of production and projects
- Track and report video performance/analytics
- Coordinate timeline for deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in Television/Film/Media Production, Communications, or a related field
- Minimum 1 -2 years’ experience working in the digital/film/media production
- Must be highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and efficient
- Understanding of Simon & Schuster brand identity
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with YouTube, Instagram and Facebook content standards/trends
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once
- Must work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must be computer savvy with skills in Outlook, Google docs, and excel
- Creative and enthusiastic solution-oriented team player