Vancouver Film School: Reporting to the Senior Instructor for Producing and the Head of Film Production, the Production Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the student productions and Film Production procedures follow VFS Guidelines and are supported with TPAs.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
May 11, 2022
The Production Coordinator is available to both students and staff to answer questions about procedures and work within the parameters of their current project and achieve their desired result.
- Updating and distributing guidelines.
- Participating in the final projects board and evaluating the projects with a focus on adherence to all production guidelines and final project guidelines while offering creative solutions to production issues as well as overseeing all crewing issues.
- Answering questions regarding Municipal by-laws, student permit applications, production guidelines and process.
- Answering questions and helping students through the Union process.
- Collaborating and working with other campuses for student shoots (Term 1/2 and Term 3)
- Issuing insurance certificate requests to property owners & blanket insurance for all districs.
- Creating and maintaining the crew documents for Terms 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 and ensuring student roles are documented and up to date for grading purposes.
- Hiring candidates for Term Project Assistants and Production Crew members for production support. (Term 1/2 and Term 3) and collaborating with the Program Manager, Program Coordinator, and other applicable employees to complete hiring process.
- Support on-set Mentors and Production Sound regarding project guidelines, their roles on set and collecting hours worked
- Perform other duties as required by the department.
- A degree, diploma, certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution or a graduate of VFS in one of the current disciplines.
- Experience with film production procedures plus an understanding of municipal film by-laws
- Experience with budgets will be considered an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.