QVC’s Video Commerce/Studio Production Team has an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to become an On Call Production/Studio Coordinator at our live studio in West Chester, PA.
Under the direction and leadership of the Coordinating Producer, the On Call Production/Studio Coordinator operates as a member of a studio production team and is responsible for executing production activities in QVC’s studio environments. Prepares on-set product displays and demonstrations for live (studio and remote) and non-live programming, in accordance with show strategy, operational requirements, and safety protocols. Interacts directly with producers, directors, hosts, guests, celebrities, and vendors to confirm, support, and execute the production plan. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Shifts may fall between the hours of 5am – 3am or 3pm – 1am typically for a 10 hour shift as dictated by the needs of the business, and therefore MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR ANY SHIFT and ANY DAY.
***Must be located within approximately 35-40 miles of QVC’s headquarters in West Chester, PA as this role is NOT eligible for relocation assistance.***
Who We Are
The Video Commerce/Studio Production talented team members delight in bringing joy and humanity to shopping. We deliver engaging shopping experiences producing the best of retail, media and social to our customers presenting curated collection of unique products made personal and relevant by the power of storytelling.
• Operates in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and makes real-time decisions that directly impact the execution of QVC’s live programming to over 95 million U.S. homes.
• Serves as the “eyes and ears” of show producers and directors on the studio floor for show execution; Anticipates, identifies, and communicates issues.
• Controls the flow of product and product support materials on set during live program.
• Uses independent judgment to respond to real-time producer requests and emerging needs of live show; Operates with appropriate level of urgency and focus at all times.
• Interacts directly with hosts, guests, celebrities, vendors, producers, and directors to confirm, support, and execute the production plan.
• Supports producers, directors, talent, and studio staff in execution of production activities.
• Responsible for moving and positioning hosts, guests, cameras, and monitors as directed by producers and directors before, during, and after live show.
• Prepares product displays and demonstrations to be used during program.
• Supports on-air guests and vendors by providing product samples, demonstration support materials, and set pieces such as chairs and tables.
• Other business related duties as assigned.
What You Bring
• Bachelor’s degree in Television/Media Production, Communication, related field or equivalent background experience required.
• Minimum 1 – 2 years of RECENT, and DIRECTLY-RELATED STUDIO PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE in live television/film studio environment, ACTIVELY WORKING ON A LIVE SET in a similar environment and role required.
• Working knowledge of production basics, including lighting, camera blocking, and set movement required.
• Understanding of the technical makeup of a live television studio required.
• Understanding of current health, safety, and fire regulations in a television studio strongly preferred.
• Ability to operate general office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, computer, printer) stationed between 3 & 4 feet high.
• Must be able climb stairs or ladders and stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to maneuver through tight spaces.
• Ability to listen and communicate through headsets for a minimum of 8 hours.
• Ability to move boxes, props, furniture, product and equipment weighing approximately 5-100bs
Please note: Ability to move to different days and shifts (5am -3am timeframe or 3pm -1am) as dictated by the needs of the business in a live television studio environment required.