The primary emphasis for the Production Coordinator, Technology is on scheduling, communication and coordination for multiple groups (disciplines) of artists on all shows within an ILM VFX Studio, mostly around Technical support that is escalated to ILM Engineering.
May 30, 2023
The primary emphasis for the Production Coordinator, Technology is on scheduling, communication and coordination for multiple groups (disciplines) of artists on all shows within an ILM VFX Studio, mostly around Technical support that is escalated to ILM Engineering. The Production Coordinator for Technology works directly with the Studio’s CG Technology Supervisors to ensure that all escalated Show Support in their studio is routed to the correct Engineering Discipline team and addressed in an appropriate and timely manner. Each Coordinator works closely with their CG Tech Supe and the appropriate Engineering Discipline Lead in crewing, scheduling, and managing the escalated Show support tickets for their studio and communicating status back to the show CG Supervisor in their studio. Coordinators are significant points of information on all shows for Technology and need to be able to balance multiple needs, projects, and tasks at one time.
- Work closely with Engineering Leads in crewing, casting and scheduling your Studio’s escalated show support tickets or communicating alternative next steps back to the show stakeholders.
- Work closely with CG Technology Supervisors in your studio, developing specialized knowledge around the Technology, Tools, Pipeline and workflows used in specific artist disciplines supported by your CG Tech Supervisors.
- Establish a process for communicating escalated show support assignments and priorities to show CG Supervisors, Artist Supes and Leads, as well as the appropriate CG Technology Supervisor and Engineering Discipline team. This should be daily.
- Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within JIRA as well working with Technology Project Managers and CG Technology Supervisors to ensure the status of the work is visible to the right Technology teams.
- Ensure the escalated show support for your studio is prioritized for each appropriate Engineering Discipline and is meeting internal (show) expectations and needs. Check in with the crewed Engineers on a regular basis regarding workload, targets, needs, etc
- Track escalated support status and coordinate artist testing and feedback at appropriate intervals to ensure the solution being delivered with meet show needs.
- Keep a weekly synopsis of your studio’s escalated show support and it’s status in a clear and always available format
- Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all escalated support at any given moment.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to heads of team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner.
- Technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Key Peers or Relationships
- Communicates with all parties in their studio, from Supervisors to Production and peers, to artists and Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Drama, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 2-3 years work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post production techniques and terminology.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with Google Suite.
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
- This position is on a guaranteed 40 hour work week.
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time.
- Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis.
- Must Possess
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.