CUMULUS MEDIA | Atlanta is searching for an experienced Production Director. The Production Director is responsible for all aspects of commercial production for our terrestrial and streaming platforms.
Duties include commercial writing, voice-over and production; conducting client recording sessions; and working with sales to develop business. The Production Director must have a proven background in audio production, strong writing chops and a passion for all things audio. Enthusiasm for and experience with radio production is a must.
Job Summary: Top candidates possess exceptional writing and production skills, are detail-oriented, can multi-task and react in a calm and decisive way when dealing with challenging situations. People skills and the ability to work closely with on-air talent, programming, the creative director and a talented sales team are critical. Musical ability and jingle writing experience is highly desired.
- Partner with the creative director to consult on strategic concepts for clients and flawlessly deliver audio advertising campaigns on time
- Write copy and polish/rewrite client-provided copy
- Record client VO in-studio or on-location
- Voice spots and secure VO from local on-air talent and other resources
- Assign production assignments to station programming staff and follow up to ensure completion
- Upload files into workflow software to track parts, retain scripts and audio files
- Dub radio commercials into automation system and provide quality control over modulation and other parameters per PD guidelines
- Load and reconcile daily logs
- Assist with video production by providing VO, SFX, music tracks and loops
- Work with other department heads to resolve issues involving production
- Oversee day-to-day tasks of the commercial production assistant.
- Minimum 3-5 years of successful audio production experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Audition and Microsoft Office, knowledge of Op X and vCreative
- Ability to multi-task and the discipline to focus on what is the highest and best use of your time
- Collaborative, works well in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with air staff, departments and clients
- Creative and strategic problem solver
- Amenable to coaching, seeks feedback
- Willingness to participate in the creative process for social and digital media
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation