The Production Manager oversees all process regarding timeline, cost control, productivity and compliance for all Telemundo Global Studios’ projects.
Aug 12, 2022
The Production Manager works under the Production Operations Unit, is the liaison with the Shared Services Group and supports projects from Development to Wrap. This person communicates directly with the Executive Producer and Show Runner of the to manage day-to-day activity for internal project and manages relationship with third parties. The Production Manager oversees all process regarding timeline, cost control, productivity and compliance for all Telemundo Global Studios’ projects.
- Serves as a liaison among the different divisions to properly distribute information, gather assets and seek effectiveness.
- Creates, reviews and compares budget with finance to ensure cost efficiency.
- Ensures all aspects of compliance are being met including setting up trainings for IMS processes, legal, and other shared services (Legal, HR, Vendor Management, etc.).
- Responsible for supervising, evaluating, and monitoring the work quality and performance of all assigned production in terms of cost efficiency, compliance and productivity.
- Works closely with the Executive Producer and/or VP of Production in the development and production plans.
- Manages relationship with Third Parties serving as a liaison between Telemundo internal departments, overseeing operation to guarantee financial and legal compliance.
- Responsible for reviewing the Third Parties reports, presentations, deliverables, technical specs, and other requirements established by contract.
- Responsible for receiving deliverables and close out binders from internal shows and Third Parties.
- Act as an effective communication conduit between Operations Management and Production teams to resolve issues and find effective solutions.
- Completes any other tasks as assigned by supervisor(s)
- Ensures that all work is done under the technical guidelines and operations procedures of Telemundo Studios’ infrastructure and adheres to EHS/OSHA regulations and procedures
- Follows policies, applicable laws, and regulations to protect his/her own health and safety as well as that of other workers, the public, and the environment.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in TV production.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, TV production, Business or a related field.
- Experience interacting with all levels of management and stakeholders; must be able to articulate concepts and solutions to all audiences.
- Strong team-building, vendor, and client service relations skills.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience.
- General knowledge of equipment and technical procedures involved in TV production.
- Exhibits extensive knowledge of production operations and planning.
- Extensive knowledge on international productions for the Hispanic Market.
- Knowledgeable on Entertainment law in Mexico, Colombia, and US.
- Financial knowledge, and budget management skills.
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions.
- Exhibits working knowledge of health and safety requirements.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Internet search engines.