Come join the Bay Area’s top rated news station! KTVU FOX 2 is seeking individuals that have a respect for journalism and want to be part of the station’s best in class reporting, both in front of the camera and behind the scenes!
San Francisco Bay Area
May 20, 2022
Be part of a winning team with a diverse culture that believes in supporting, mentoring, and training our staff. We are searching for an experienced Stage Manager. As part of our total compensation benefits package we offer comprehensive medical plans, three weeks’ vacation, 401k, and tuition reimbursement just to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizing the studio for all newscasts—prompting & cueing Anchors during the newscasts & restoring the stage for the next shift to include some studio maintenance
- Floor directing for talent and crews with either multi-camera or single-camera shooting from the Control Room (and on location) during broadcasts
- Floor directing for all types of television station programs: Sports, promotion, local programming, community affairs, commercials and remotes.
- This position consults with the Directors, Producers, Anchors and all other crewmembers on production needs and directly reports to the Studio Production manager.
- Skill using wireless lavalier microphones including daily testing, charging, and the ability to dress mics on talent & guests
- Use of ladders and/or motorized lifts scaling to a height of 25’
- Ability to lift & carry studio items up to 20lbs
- Working knowledge of studio lighting
- Ignite, Inews, AutoCue experience or other newscast automation --a plus
- Valid California Driver’s License
- High school diploma is required;
- 4-year College degree is preferred.
- Candidate should have some experience with fast-paced television productions.
- Ignite, Inews, AutoCue experience or other newscast automation is required.
- A strong technical understanding of new technology is also required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are required.
- Professional working attitude & excellent time management.