Northeastern University: The College of Arts, Media and Design is looking for a temporary Production Technician to support its Production Studio and lab spaces.
Greater Boston Area
Jan 20, 2022
- The Production Technician will be responsible for the equipment in two production studios, a recording studio, and an editing space.
- This position requires expertise with production facilities and equipment. Communication Studies, Media and Screen Studies, Media Arts, or Music Industry majors preferred. Other majors considered if the student has significant production experience.
- The Production Technician assists with the day-to-day operation of the Production Studio and lab spaces maintained by the College of Arts, Media and Design.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing access for students to various spaces within the production studios.
- Assist students with production projects. Projects include video editing, television production, photography, audio/music production.
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting on production equipment.
- Calibrate, tune, or adjust equipment and instruments to specified performance levels
- Test equipment to make sure they are in working order
- Pick up and return equipment to the Media Center as needed
- Read and interpret electronic circuit diagrams, specifications, and service manuals
- Work with faculty as necessary for effective operation of instructional spaces.
- Maintain security for the facility.
- Maintain cleanliness by storing equipment properly.
Experience or the willingness to learn Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, ProTools, and Media Composer is highly desirable.
Documents to Submit:
Applicants should submit a CV and Cover Letter.
The length of the position runs from January 24, 2022 through May 13, 2022.