Amazing Opportunity for a Production Tech @ FOX 35 Orlando!
Audio / Music / Sound
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Orlando, Florida Area
Sep 20, 2022
- Working knowledge of AM, PM News and other show formats.
- Receive and implement directives from Director over headset.
- Communicate clearly and coherently in person and on headset.
- Anticipate the needs of the Director.
- Ensure that talent and guests microphones have charged batteries, that microphones are on proper frequency, turned on properly and have corresponding IFB’s (when applicable).
- Conduct proper studio microphone and live-remote audio checks prior to air and inform director immediately if any source is not suitable for air.
- Ensure talent is on the set, mic'd and informed of the cues in use.
- Prior to air, verify that all studio equipment is working properly.
- QC audio levels and mix using QC monitor in audio booth.
- Ensure all RTS panels are labeled correctly with proper studio or remote talent prior to live or taped broadcasts.
- Update music request playlists on a daily basis with music requested from executive producers.
- Know camera-blocking positions for newscasts.
- Ensure camera shots are in focus and framed according to camera directives from Director.
- Create creative bump shots along with standard formatted shots.
- Change batteries in microphones and IFB’s when necessary.
- Leave studio, PCR and audio booth clean, orderly and safe at the end of the newscast or production taping.
- Be familiar with Sony ELC coding and show execution to fill in as needed.
- Make minor repairs to IFB’s, microphones, monitors and audio board as needed.
- Operate prompter when talent is unable to do so as assigned.
- Understand basics of lighting panel.
- Maintain audio booth, prop room, cameras and prompters.
- Interact effectively and professionally with talent, producers and crew.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
- Regularly stand; walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; and; talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Basic understanding of television production and production automation system.
College degree or equivalent experience in television.
Ability to operate a broad range of production equipment.
Weekend and holiday work required.