Georgia Aquarium: Participate in daily operation and maintenance of all aspects of lighting/electrics production for the theatres, production and special events
Audio / Music / Sound
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Greater Atlanta Area
Mar 14, 2022
The Production Technician (Level II) is a mid-level position within the Production Department that participates in the daily operation and maintenance of all aspects of production for Production, Entertainment, Special Events, and other Guest Programming. They will operate a follow spot for shows, as well as for rehearsals and special events, and support all other production departments as required. They will also participate in work calls / routine maintenance assignments, and function as a Stagehand / Production Assistant for Shows, Special Events or other production/guest programming project as assigned. The Production Technician Level II will also function as assistant console operator (lighting/special effects, audio-visual, cameras) and will work with limited supervision to successfully perform these support roles.
Production & Operations:
- Participate in daily operation and maintenance of all aspects of lighting/electrics production for the theatres, production and special events
- Operate a follow spot for shows rehearsals and special events as required
- Support all other production departments as needed, to include, but not be limited to, wardrobe props, scenery and audio/visual.
- Operate as a Stagehand/Production Assistant as needed
- Participate in and support load-ins, turn-a-rounds and strikes as needed/required
- Lead the training all new personnel on follow spot and basic show operations
- Assist Production Management in keeping accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive records for inspections, maintenance and safety protocols, as required
- Perform other functions incidental to operations as necessary/required, including but not limited to cleaning and inspection of scenery, catwalk/lighting position areas, and other production spaces.
- Cross-train into/ perform other daily operational roles as time/ skill set allows.
- Perform other tasks as workload necessitates, which may include administrative or other technical support tasks as assigned by Production Management.
- Assist with the Venue / House Management as needed which may include opening/closing the house and making calls prior to performances.
- Demonstrate competence in and provide ongoing support, as needed, in at least two of the following additional Production areas:
- Audio/Visual systems console(s) operation
- Lighting consoles operation
- Cameras/video switchers operation
- Props/ Soft Goods /Costume maintenance and fabrication
- Participate in all Production activities for maintenance and rehearsals as directed by production department team leaders
- Execute and maintain strict quality control over all the designers’ original design and creative vision/intent for all productions
- Other duties as workload necessitates
Rules and Regulations:
- Enforce and adhere to all rules and regulations of the company including but not limited to those outlined in the employee handbook or other documentation
- Enforce and adhere to all health and safety standards and regulations
- Enforce and adhere to all facility/building codes
- Enforce and adhere to OSHA regulations and safety procedures
- Minimum (3) years’ experience in live entertainment and theatrical/special event production
- Possess basic knowledge of all live entertainment, theatrical and special event production and operations
- Possess intermediate knowledge of the operation and maintenance of theatrical lighting systems, conventional and automated/intelligent lights, follow spots, lighting computers and lighting systems and basic programming and training of such.
- Experience and knowledge of electricity and low voltage systems
- Basic knowledge of and experience with live audio mixing/recording, mechanical scenery, live camera operation / video manipulation is strongly preferred.
- Possess strong office computer skills. Specifically: MS Word, and MS Excel
- Ability to kneel, lift, and carry heavy equipment, work in confined spaces and at heights above 25’ and/or on various lifts, booms, and ladders
- Ability to swim
- Creative thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Professional Appearance & Demeanor
- Possess the highest level of motivation, pride in work and leadership
- Remain flexible and available to work long hours, as needed, on a potentially fluctuating schedule, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- College degree or equivalent professional work experience