What We Need: A Program Director to lead top rated stations in Northwest Arkansas. Oversee day to day programming operations for multiple brands and formats, with an emphasis on CHR, AC and Hot AC. On air shift, remotes, appearances and production.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Fayetteville, Arkansas Area
Nov 16, 2023
What We Need:
A Program Director to lead top rated stations in Northwest Arkansas, the fastest growing metro in the US and consistently rated one of the nation's best places to live, from the industry's newest state of the art studios.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee day to day programming operations for multiple brands and formats, with an emphasis on CHR, AC and Hot AC.
- Work with local and national talent and producers on content, digital and social
- Work with sales and promotions department to generate revenue opportunities.
- Oversee all aspects of digital including social media.
- On air shift, remotes, appearances and production.
- Partner with Market President, Senior Vice President of Programming and Sales in support of local and corporate business goals to increase market share, listeners, ratings, adviser satisfaction and revenue while aligning programming fit with client, station and audience; creates talent and station marketing, promotion and image campaigns.
What You'll Need:
- Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations; knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to use tools to gather and analyze ratings data, make business decisions based on analysis; sound judgment and quality decision-making skills
- Extensive knowledge of Diary data analysis; working knowledge of RCS products with the ability to learn new technologies such as Sound+
- Knowledge and appreciation of excellent on-air performance, familiarity with radio programming.
- Excellent team leadership and delegation skills, including motivation of staff; can set goals & expectations, provide honest feedback and manage performance
Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of planning and organizing skills; can multi-task and meet specific deadlines
- Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
- Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar; can adjust communications style based on audience needs
- Entrepreneurial and assertive in meeting goals
- Ability to influence others, inspire innovation and ensure a client focus
What You'll Bring:
- Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
- Demonstrated initiative and achievement-oriented leadership
- Ability to delegate tasks and manage others effectively, especially in times of complexity or conflict
- Growth mindset and desire for continued knowledge sharing and learning
- Understanding of impact of own work and your team’s outcomes
- Business insights that contribute to meeting organizational objectives
- Ability to solve technical and operational problems and troubleshoot in a timely manner
- Ability to identify and support new opportunities for continued improvement across business
- Comfort interacting with individuals of all levels
- Effective communication skills and the ability to build team trust
- Ability to influence others to adopt a broader point of view