The Project Manager role will lead and manage projects of significant complexity, risk, value and visibility. He/She will oversee project planning, costing, integration, performance, monitoring and reporting and must endeavor to ensure project requirements are satisfactorily completed on time and on budget.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jun 21, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage resource planning/allocation, Risk Mitigation, Communications, Implementation, and Post-Implementation activities for all assigned projects and initiatives.
- Direct and monitor the tasks of project team members and model team leadership skills.
- Execute timely and complete communication of project status and issues to project team, project sponsors, and senior management through status reporting.
- Collaborate with the project team, customers, and management to translate project proposals and priorities into technology solutions.
- Develop, communicate, and maintain detailed, high-level project plans.
- Assist the project team with setting the technical direction, identifying the required tasks, monitoring progress and determining completion.
- Identify and document milestones and conduct optimization sessions for identifying solution options and other related improvements throughout the project lifecycle that benefit the budget, timeline, and quality of outcomes.
- Manage risks by collaborating with the project team to identify project risk factors and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Anticipate potential impact of external dependencies outside the core project.
- Manage issues by coordinating with the project team and management to resolve issues, including escalation as appropriate.
- Manage budget reconciliation of projects’ Operating & Capital funding plans.
- Facilitate consulting contract negotiations between TWC and suppliers to achieve the best results possible within established budgets.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent industry training
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a Project Manager role.
- Minimum 5 years recent exposure and experience in a Technology (e.g. Broadcast, I.T., Digital Media, etc,) or Production environment.
- Deep understanding of Project Management tools and approaches and the ability to utilize them to manage complex projects.
- Experience managing budgets preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated technical and personal leadership in a technology based environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent initiatives.
- Comfort managing resources both onsite and in remote locations.
- Ability to work closely with customers in defining requirements.
- Ability to provide positive reinforcement and motivation to team members.
- Ability to establish and maintain high standards, remain calm and make rational decisions during critical situations and to give and receive feedback openly and objectively.
- Ability to research problems before taking action.
- Ability to act with the appropriate spirit and commitment to company, department, and team goals.
- Ability to establish standards that drive prompt and effective customer attention.