The purpose of the International Promotion Scheduler is to strategically place promotional content inside commercial breaks across CNN International’s five global feeds: North America, Latin America, Asia, South Asia and Europe.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jul 21, 2022
Each feed requires more than 600 strategic and tactical placements of both host and cross messages daily. The person in this role associates closely and works in tandem with Production, Programming, Sales Operations and Master Control.
- Strategically schedules all on-air promotional material for one or more of the five CNNI feeds in the Phoenix and Crossroad Scheduling Software System
- Ensures all Ad Sales, sponsorship commitments and editorial vignettes are scheduled accordingly, and commitments are being met.
- Coordinates with the team and Sales Operations in meeting all daily targets in regard to completing work and the log print deadlines.
- Proofs & edits assigned logs as well as logs of other schedulers for any scheduling inaccuracies.
- Alert Master Control of any promotion changes needed on a log that is on the air.
- Assist in building promotion material in SHOPS (Promotion Library software) and creating rundowns.
- Will be placed in a rotation for On-Call duties which take place after-hours, weekends and holidays.
- Working knowledge of computers and Windows Applications
- Knowledge of world events and how they impact our business is essential.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Television promotion placement experience strongly preferred.
- Deep knowledge of scheduling placement system such as Crossroad, Phoenix or Enterprise. Strong organizational and communication skills, highly motivated, works well in team environment and has ability to multitask and comprehend the "bigger picture".