The Promotion Producer, Creative Services will be responsible for writing, producing, and editing on-air promotional spots, network image & branding campaigns, marketing & ad sales projects, and on-going episodic promotions.
Greater Atlanta Area
- Come join a dynamic new national media powerhouse focused on the over-the-air TV consumer. The Scripps Networks (a growing portfolio of entertainment and news networks) provides absorbing entertainment and objective, intelligent news as we use our own distribution platforms to serve this unduplicated national audience. We meet the audience where it is with the programs it wants.
- The Promotion Producer, Creative Services will be responsible for writing, producing, and editing on-air promotional spots, network image & branding campaigns, marketing & ad sales projects, and on-going episodic promotions.
What you will do:
- Work with the creative team to produce and deliver high-level, engaging, and on-brand promotional materials
- Write strong, clear, and imaginative copy to engage audience and drive viewership
- Collaborate with graphic designers and production team to conceptualize and develop materials for broadcast and social media
- Supervise VO recording and audio mix sessions
- Perform other duties as needed by management
- What you will bring:
- Education & Experience/Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university (Major in Television or Film production preferred). High School diploma (or GED) required.
- At least three (3) years professional broadcasting marketing/promotions/creative services experience required. National broadcast or cable network experience preferred.
- Reel and/or work sample
- Experience writing or editing in broadcast preferred
- Skills & Abilities
- Experience and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Premiere Pro and After Effects)
- Advanced knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
- Highly organized with strong time management skills and superb attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects involving cross functional teams in an efficient manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with camera, audio, and lighting equipment
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Normal office environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
- ABOUT SCRIPPS:
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
- As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.