Blue Man Group is seeking a Props Supervisor to join its Boston production.
The Props Supervisor serves as a key member of the Props team and reports directly to the Production Manager. The Props Supervisor is responsible of the day to day management of the Props Department. The Props Supervisor works a minimum of 5 shows per week in the Props 2 deck track but will be trained and sometimes run shows on the Props 1 track.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Complete weekly maintenance as well as overseeing that all maintenance for the Props department is kept up to date;
· Address technical needs within the Props Department;
· In tandem with the Stage Management Department, keep run sheets and shift plots for the tracks within the Props department up to date;
· Create and maintain the budget in the Props department;
· Participate in the hiring, training and evaluation of members of the department in conjunction with the Production Manager;
· Create and maintain schedules for the Props Department;
· Participate in outside gigs as assigned;
· Attend rehearsals and meetings as necessary;
· Oversee all proper inventory of consumables, including communication with vendors, receiving and unloading packages, keeping workspaces and storage areas clean and organized;
· Fabricate in-house props as needed for the production;
Skills & Qualifications:
· Strong people management;
· Adept at communication;
· Skills as a properties artisan are required;
· Carpentry skills encouraged;
· Valid Driver’s license required.
This is a full-time, hourly role, working a flexible schedule. Competitive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Transit Program, Life Insurance, 401(k) and Paid Time Off.