NBC News NOW is seeking a talented segment producer who thrives in a breaking news, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment for Hallie Jackson NOW – the kickoff to News NOW’s primetime programming.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Feb 15, 2023
We’re looking for a segment producer with experience working in LIVE news programming who can produce stories that are visually compelling/impactful and can work well with a team to make it happen. The ideal candidate is comfortable with turning segments quickly and accurately in a fast-changing, breaking news environment. Additionally, this segment producer should have a passion for compelling topics, making *any story more interesting and enjoy telling those stories in a conversational way.
This position is represented by the News Guild-CWA NY.
• Research, write and produce strong editorial copy with speed and accuracy
• Produce LIVE segments, including writing sharp questions and identifying the strongest possible elements
• Pitch the most relevant, timely and compelling ideas for day-of and future segments
• Multi-task and juggle producing multiple stories for regular and breaking-news programming
• Quality check all video content
• Keep senior producers and the EP up to date with daily news development of assigned stories
• You’ve been working in broadcast, streaming or cable news for 3+ years – preferably working on live daily shows or in and around a control room
• Excellent writing skills
• You’ve got thorough knowledge of current events
• Excellent editorial judgment
• You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where news is breaking, rundowns are changing and deadlines
• You thrive in a team environment where collaboration is key
• You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience
• You are willing to work in New York, New York
Desired Characteristics :
• You’ve got big ideas and the journalistic writing and research skills to bring them to life
• You’re familiar with iNEWS
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short
Salary range: $85,000-$110,000.