MSNBC is looking for a Segment Producer for Morning Joe. This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
- Research, report and write daily segments and news scripts.
- Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
- Communicate daily story development with senior producer.
- Be in control room during airing of live segment.
- When warranted, field produce segments.
- Take part in editorial planning.
- Pitch story ideas.
• 4 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website,
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics, American history and global news.
• Strong research and reporting skills.
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is preferred.
• Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements.
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Proficient in both tape and desktop editing.