MSNBC is looking for an experienced Segment Producer for The Jen Psaki Show. This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
Greater New York City Area
Jan 19, 2023
- Research, report and write daily segments.
- Determine video and sound for assigned segments.
- Communicate daily story development with senior producer.
- Take part in editorial planning.
- Pitch story ideas
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics. Government and domestic policy knowledge preferred.
- Strong research and reporting skills.
- 5 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
- Edit room experience and breaking news experience is preferred.
- Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure.
- Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments.
- Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements.
- Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
- Knowledge of current events, politics, and pop culture.
- Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
- Proficient in both tape and desktop editing.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
Salary range: $85,000-$110,000.