Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., ("MGM") is looking for a Senior Analyst to join the Television Accounting team.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Mar 29, 2022
The Television Accounting team oversees the accounting and reporting functions relating to the development, production, acquisition, licensing, and distribution of television content. The Senior Analyst will primarily support all accounting functions relating to MGM's television distribution business.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting close including preparing journal entries, analyzing and explaining fluctuations and variances, and providing meaningful financial reporting to management.
- Review television licensing agreements and interpret contractual terms to determine appropriate revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Research technical accounting guidance and prepare internal technical accounting memos, as needed
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners including FP&A, Production, Tax, and Sales to maintain flow of communication and support
- Prepare key quarterly deliverables including reconciliations for Accounts Receivable, Deferred Revenue, and other accounts, as needed
- Ensure compliance of appropriate accounting policies and internal controls
- Analyze current procedures. Recommend, develop, and drive process improvements to achieve efficiency and scalability.
- Review and analyze reporting packages from MGM's foreign subsidiaries
- Prepare and manage deliverables for annual financial statement audit
- Build trust with senior management through effective communication
- Contribute to exciting ad hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related area
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Self-motivated, Detail-Oriented, Curious, Enthusiastic, and Adaptable
- Operate efficiently in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- SAP experience a plus
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Prior public accounting experience in the entertainment industry a plus