The Senior Animator will be responsible for animating and managing projects as well as project resources for learning content sought at young children ages 2-6.
Greater New York City Area
May 20, 2022
Learning content includes streaming video, mobile games, and other interactive experiences.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Senior Animators are responsible for 3D and 2D animation work. Typical projects involve Autodesk Maya and Adobe After Effects to build character animation and motion graphics animation.
- Senior Animators must excel at 3D character animation.
- Senior Animators will lead small teams of animators crafting content that includes linear short form and interactive games.
- Senior Animators build content and tell stories using character rigs from original Noggin IP and existing Nickelodeon IP characters (such as Paw Patrol, Blaze & The Monster Machines, and Baby Shark as examples).
- Senior Animators will work with scripts to give creative feedback on how to develop the project from storyboards through blocking, rough animation, and refined animations.
- Senior Animators must excel at the craft of animation, applying principles of animation, and principles of filmmaking, such as continuity, clarity, appeal, acting and emotions within their work.
- Senior Animators are responsible for communicating what is feasible in a project’s timeline.
- Senior Animators will attend production check-ins & creative weeklies as well as lead small animation team meetings with their project peers.
- Senior Animators will collect work from the small animation team to share for review
- Senior Animator will collaborate with the Creative Director, Producers, CG Artists, and Designers to craft effective visual storytelling and educational narratives for the preschool audience of kids 3-6 years old.
- Senior Animators must have enthusiasm for kid’s storytelling and preschool education.
- 2+ year degree in computer arts or animation production.
- 5+ years working as a 3D character animator on movies, commercials, promotional content, at a network, brand, studio or agency.
- An expert storyteller in the craft of character animation and motion graphics.
- Meticulous, organized, and able and willing to refine work to a high degree of polish, as well as encourage their animation peers to do the same.
- A strong eye for composition, a working knowledge of 3D filmmaking techniques, production pipelines and understand continuity and principles of animation.
- Able to communicate creative concepts both through verbal and written means.
- Keyframe Animation for characters in Autodesk Maya and Adobe After Effects. Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects.
- Puppet and traditional animation Harmony and Flash/Animate a plus. Nuke compositing a plus.
- Experience in Animation Production & Post Production
- Understanding of Maya 3D character rigging, modeling, shading, lighting
- Experienced in After Effects visual effects and composite.
- Experience in tracking and compositing in Adobe After Effects
- Able to work on-site at our NY offices
- Excellent communication skills, professional, and collaborative
- Be flexible and have enthusiasm for innovation and change
- Must be able to complete tasks on tight deadlines
- Ability to articulate and influence creative concepts
- Experienced in Toon Boom Harmony a plus