NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Coordinator, Editorial Content based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office. The Senior Coordinator, Editorial Content is responsible for working with content producers and editors to optimize the consumption and engagement of original and sponsored video content for the company’s digital platforms.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Aug 17, 2023
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Coordinator, Editorial Content based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
The Senior Coordinator, Editorial Content is responsible for working with content producers and editors to optimize the consumption and engagement of original and sponsored video content for the company’s digital platforms; for executing the video strategy on the league website and other platforms, for assisting with the uploading and maintenance of the company’s suite of podcasts and the writing, editing and posting of editorial content as needed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Execute the editing, publishing, and programming of video and written content on the league’s digital platform; analyze available content to determine placement and utilize available tools to drive consumption and engagement.
- Execute day-to-day video publishing, with a weekend focus on in-race competition highlights, interviews, and sponsored content; contribute to editing and posting of race competition articles and photo galleries.
- Monitor industry-wide best-of trends and emerging video content platforms, make recommendations for the company’s content ecosystem as appropriate.
- Use knowledge of journalistic best practice to present highlights, stories and news with accuracy, balance, and clarity.
- Consult with Content teams (Social, Productions and Editorial) to ensure completed videos meet technical requirements and are published according to established timelines.
- Oversee and execute content development by leveraging relevant tools.
- Maintain general knowledge of stock car racing, including current competition, industry story lines and maintain relationships with key personalities across the industry.
- Partner with internal and external partners to execute branded content that delivers value across all mediums with particular focus on the league website.
- Adhere to best-in-practice standards, producing accurate and clean work with a firm grasp of editing, grammar, and style.
- Maintain current knowledge of, conduct regular research on, and monitor other sites (both sport and non-sport) for latest online innovations and technology.
Required skills / experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years’ current experience and/or training in social / digital media; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Premiere or After Effects, WordPress, and other similar multimedia software suites.
- Ability to manage tight, often evolving deadlines.
- Able to work a non-traditional work schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Strong social media acumen covering all key platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working across teams and with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven history of both content development and digital sales.
- Working knowledge of stockcar racing preferred.