The Senior Designer & 2D Animator adds fun to everything we make by crafting delightful interactions, charming visuals, lively characters, and innovative short-form content.
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Aug 22, 2022
They work closely with the creative team to keep our visuals high quality and on-brand.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Animate PBS KIDS brand and characters for use across products and platforms
- Illustrate PBS KIDS brand and characters for use across products and platforms
- Assist on setting and maintaining visual design standards and guidelines for PBS KIDS
- Present designs to key internal and external stakeholders in an impactful and strategic way
- Participate in and lead design reviews and brainstorm sessions
- Collaborate on animations and video content with Creative & Design team and Video Production team
- Create user interface animations in coordination with Creative & Design team
- Ideate and create animations and illustrations for social media with Marketing and Social teams Review and provide feedback on producer game, app and website designs
- Review and provide feedback on show pitches and properties in development
- Ensure and advocate for usability and accessibility best practices across platforms.
Requirements for success:
- 3+ years of industry experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, art, animation or equivalent technical education
- *Online portfolio with animation and illustrations examples must be submitted for consideration*
- High-level ability to think creatively and generate ideas
- High-level ability to work with current industry tools, including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Animate, Toon Boom Harmony, Figma
- Ability to concept, storyboard, create, revise and complete 2D animations for kids in collaboration with both creative and non-creatives.
- Ability to animate, design and illustrate within existing styles and brands.
- Ability to deliver 2D animations that are optimized for a diverse device landscape of varying hardware capabilities and device restrictions.
- Understanding of UX and interactive design for web and mobile user interfaces.
- Understanding of the creative process in a collaborative environment; ability to accept and incorporate critical feedback.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines; ability to multitask and self-manage the deadlines of competing projects.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.