Sesame Workshop is looking for a Senior Designer. Develop vibrant visual identities for the Workshop and new properties across major consumer touch points for multiple audiences: trade, families, kids, and fans.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater New York City Area
Sep 21, 2023
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Senior Designer. Multi-disciplinary brand creative designer to help drive brand vision and creative strategy for Sesame Workshop, Sesame Street and new IP and deliver effective brand solutions for the Licensing, Marketing, and Show Production Teams to enable the Workshop to reach its business goals. This role will report to the Design Director of Brand Design with the Brand Creative team.
- Develop vibrant visual identities for the Workshop and new properties across major consumer touch points for multiple audiences: trade, families, kids, and fans.
- Partner with Brand Marketing to develop key art, launch kits, and promotional materials to support Sesame Street and new IP.
- Partner with Licensing to develop Consumer Product focused style guides and trend packs to support Sesame Street and new IP.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing, Media & Education and Global Licensing Teams to elevate creative.
- Be part of a cross-functional team for consumer engagement, brand design strategy, and production for marketing campaigns on all platforms, image campaigns, show opens and packages, experiential branding, key art and print and more
- Assist the Design Director to and collaborate with production, photographers, illustrators, retouch artists
- Work closely with the Project Managers and Production to inform schedules, team assignments and project deliverables
- Build and maintain effective relationships with partners across the department and organization
- Stay current and up-to-date with new design trends, techniques and processes; seek out and
- recommend new best practices; drive creative design evolution and innovation
- Help the Design Director to foster an inclusive environment that encourages intelligent risk taking,
- innovation and creative excellence.
- Help the Design Director to oversee external creative agencies and outside vendors as needed.
- Act as a brand steward to stakeholders both internal and external.
- 6+ years of brand creative experience at a branding agency, entertainment brand or with a consumer/educational brand.
- Expertise driving brand promotion with media partners (HBO/ PBS/ / Apple/ Homer / Sea World, etc). Aspiring leader, storyteller to inspire strong to deliver on our mission to help kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder.
- A designer with a bold and innovative aesthetic- this person will be seen as a design leader, a thought partner with a commitment to creative and products that deliver an engaging user experience
- Deep experience with creative for both Marketing and Consumer Products.
- Aspiring creative leader keen to inspire and motivate team
- Highly collaborative designer and team player with a talent for influencing cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills to build relationships and navigate change
- Ability to self-start, self-manage, and meet deadlines
- Possess a passion for media and entertainment.
- Proven experience completing cross-functional complex creative projects
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Flexibility and adaptability; comfortable working in an often-changing environment