The Senior Editor is responsible for creating compelling Multiplatform content across A+E Networks properties. This role requires an expert understanding of the processes, technology, and operating procedures to effectively create long-form, mid-form and short-form content leveraging A+E shows, brands, and content.
Audio / Music / Sound
Oct 26, 2023
The Senior Editor is responsible for creating compelling Multiplatform content across A+E Networks properties. This role requires an expert understanding of the processes, technology, and operating procedures to effectively create long-form, mid-form and short-form content leveraging A+E shows, brands, and content. The ideal candidate will possess superior aesthetic and storytelling expertise required to carry out the creative vision of the Multiplatform team. The Senior Editor will effectively collaborate with the producing staff for assignments, deadlines, versioning and distribution responsibilities. Editors will be expected to gain mastery of A+E’s technical specifications and operating procedures. Deliverables will be expected to consistently meet our quality requirements for global distribution. This staff role reports to the Senior Director of Creative Content Production.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Leverage a variety of source materials including existing masters, raw and archival footage, images, audio stems and graphics packages to create top quality entertainment content.
- Collaborate with writers, producers and creative directors to ensure consistent creative output and adherence to project goals.
- Liaise with in-house producers and other third-party vendors (editors, mixers, shooters) to facilitate post process including communicating SOP, prepping sequences and formatting/grouping footage/gfx
- Effectively handle the unique audio / visual needs of long-form content editorial projects.
- Adhere to departmental best practices for versioning control, naming conventions, storage of files and media assets, and legal best practices
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties within the edit, coordinating fixes with Production Operations Tech-Ops department.
- Attend necessary Production Operations dept. meetings to stay informed and be aware of new technologies, SOP’s and initiatives
- Work effectively in a remote, unsupervised environment.
- Normal hours Monday to Friday, 10a-6:30p EST with some overtime possible.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
- 7+ year's experience editing short to long form content in a production company or network environment
- Excellent, well rounded storytelling skills and the ability to express a story with media
- Experience with sound editing with-in an edit environment
- Proven track record and portfolio of created content
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and well-organized with exceptional verbal & written skills
- Ability to work remotely, efficiently and prioritize tight deadlines
- A consistent positive “Can Do” attitude and team player.
- Full Knowledge of broadcast and digital standards and video formats
- Understanding of color correction principles and techniques in an edit environment.
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Media Encoder.
- Knowledge of video sharing / review apps: Frame.io, Lucid Link.
- Proficient in a wide variety of industry standard 3rd party software and plugins.
- Knowledge of the following is a plus: Avid Media Composer, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Adobe Audition.
- Experience in communication and business applications: MS Office 365, Airtable, MS Teams,
Hourly Pay Range: $46.69 - $66.83