We are currently seeking a Senior Food Stylist to work with our team in Chiswick, it’s a fast paced and diverse role and when we say that two days are never the same, we’re not kidding.
Live Event / On Location Services
London, United Kingdom
Jul 01, 2022
Day to day the role will be varied you will manage all home economic requirements of the Broadcasting Department and coordinate the kitchen, including the schedules of the Kitchen Team. You will produce visually enhancing presentations that entice the customer and positively impact sales on the TV platform all while maintaining the integrity, cleanliness and the health and safety of the Broadcasting Prep Kitchen.
Culinary Management & Strategy
- Manage the preparation and styling of food for demonstrations and culinary productions, both live (studio based) and non-live (photography, location shoots).
- Advise and assist vendors, guests and staff on best practice and process in order to fulfil full demonstration and visual potential of products thereby maximising impact and sales contribution. Liaise extensively with Studio floor staff to execute those plans accordingly.
- Control and maintain inventory of supplies, appliances, preparation and storage space, utensils and on-air props. Assign space to freelancers and vendors when appropriate in order to control workflow and operation of the kitchen and related areas.
- Take responsibility for all fresh, raw, and staple ingredients including the ordering of food, supplies and equipment; accepting deliveries with established merchants, ensuring that the kitchen is properly supplied to support demand at all times.
- Ensure correct management of all product inventory.
- To be integral in the future of on-air food and kitchen Shows at QVC UK.
- To work with the Sales Strategy Partners, Buyers, Planners, Studio Team, Production Team and Merchandising Dept as necessary to devise both short and long term strategies for the department and ensure fulfilment.
- Using expert knowledge to set direction, create and maintain culinary style for demonstration of products.
- To ensure all Culinary shows and products are covered with the relevant Kitchen Staff. Including sourcing and booking in Contingent Workers when needed.
- To manage all costs for the kitchen ensuring all expenses are justified and processed in a prompt manner.
- To support the Studio Manager with recruiting and developing the kitchen team as required
- To support with the supervision and allocation of work to the Kitchen Stylist Assistant
- To communicate to the Studio Manager all staffing resources related to the kitchen so the level of support required can be agreed and booked when necessary.
- Working under guidance from the Studio Manager, keep abreast of the business strategy for all kitchen and food related plans- and support with communicating this back to the Studio teams ensuring clarity of direction is understood and executed accordingly.
Health and Safety
- To enforce and promote H&S awareness and adherence, through training and best practise to team members as necessary, paying particular attention to food preparation and hygiene.