Boston 25 News is looking for a Senior Producer to make a real imprint on the execution and planning of our biggest daypart.
WFXT Boston 25 is looking for a Senior Producer to join our team!
Do you love putting together compelling and valuable newscasts? Are you ready to bring a fresh perspective to a big newscast in a competitive market? Are you always looking for the best way to showcase great content, interviews and on-air talent? Are you ready to take a bigger leadership role in a newsroom? If you’ve said yes to all, WFXT Boston 25 News is looking for you! Boston 25 News is looking for a Senior Producer to make a real imprint on the execution and planning of our biggest daypart. This role would coordinate enterprise and unique content for our morning newscast, as well as work ahead to setup coverage for future newscasts in the days and weeks forward.
This role is imperative in day to day news coverage, breaking news and in planning of big events. You’ll work hand and hand with the Executive producer, and fill-in within that role as needed. In addition, successful candidates must have an understanding of coverage on all platforms, and are expected to help generate enterprise story ideas. Communication skills are essential. As is the flexibility to work weekends and holidays. Candidates should be open to feedback, have a desire to grow in their role, and be passionate about journalism.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Craft relevant, energetic, important and memorable newscasts
- Develop graphics to help showcase content
- Write Opens, Stories, and Teases
- Assign stories to anchors, writers, and editors for scripting, production and timing
- Book guests, pre-screen interviews, coordinate staff to ensure daily teasable content
- Consult with Director, Anchor, other Producers, and Managers on content direction and execution
- Have a clear vision on what a newscast for a top ten television market should look like
- Assist in training of producers
- Work with Anchors, Reporters, and Photographers to setup stories in advance
- Fill in for Executive Producer and Show producers as needed
- Participate in editorial meetings by being active in content discussions and is able to execute station strategies
- Understand and effectively use all platforms
- Other duties may be assigned, and must be able follow all company and station editorial policies and protocols
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience in local TV news is a must. Management experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Journalism or Communications preferred
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of journalism
- Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects