We are seeking an entrepreneurial content leader and strategist to develop an expanded portfolio of compelling podcasts and successful consumer audio offerings.
The Senior Producer Audio Content will be involved in all aspects of podcast production and leadership. This person will assist the Audio and Podcast Program Manager in building the strategy and execution of current podcasts and develop new ones. This person will also be expected to help in all aspects of audio production, including producing shows, gathering audio in the field, editing, sound design and possibly hosting podcasts and other programs. They will also coach colleagues on audio best practices and try out new ideas and innovative techniques that AJC teams should be embracing. This person will also help create a culture of fun, team-oriented, inclusive culture around the creation of audio.
The Senior Producer Audio Content will ensure a consistent, high-quality audio experience that reflects the high standards of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s award-winning journalism. This person must be technically skilled, self-directed, highly motivated, detail-oriented, structured, innovative and display an incredible work ethic. This role will report to the Audio & Podcast Program Manager.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution serves a growing, vibrant and diverse metro area in one of the country’s most politically important states. If you believe in the power of professional journalism to shape a better society and more informed citizenry and want to join a team that is ensuring this mission lasts well into the future, please consider applying.
Please note this person must sit in Atlanta, GA but will not be required to be in the office every day.
In this position you will:
- Work with leaders to implement audio and podcast growth strategies (including development of new podcasts) resulting in increased listeners, downloads, and subscriptions
- Produce and edit AJC current podcasts including, but not limited to, award-winning Breakdown and popular sports and news products.
- Provide top quality sound design
- Engineer and record podcast in studio, on scene and virtually
- Write metadata for each podcasts, including attaching images as needed
- Upload podcast to podcast platforms
- Create consistency across all AJC podcasts so that they have the same quality sound, production, editing that is seamless under one brand.
- Work directly with senior editors, reporters and producers to develop high-quality podcast ideas and production schedule
- Work with our revenue and marketing teams to execute in-audio advertising and promotional campaigns
- Execute a consistent set of standards for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s audio products and experience
- Have fun and do good work.
**Please include demo reel with application!
What we expect you to have to be ready:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, also prefer degree to be in communications/technology
- 5+ years professional work experience in broadcasting, audio engineering or podcasting
- Minimum of 1+ years in podcast development and production
- Experience working with podcasting, digital, and social media platforms
- Experience with audio editing, engineering or other aspects of production
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business of podcasting
- Proficiency in audio design and audio mixing
- Strong verbal, written skills and presentation skills
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed