We are seeking an experienced Production Accountant to work across the projects that make up the ABC News Longform portfolio.
Flex Type Hybrid - This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ABC News Longform is substantially growing its production output to produce narrative non-fiction content and news specials for the ABC network, Hulu and other Disney platforms. We are seeking an experienced Production Accountant to work across the projects that make up the ABC News Longform portfolio. This Production Accountant reports to the Executive Director, Production Management and will work alongside the production management team to facilitate the day-to-day needs of the studio business with an emphasis on the Hulu portfolio. The Production Accountant will maintain project cost reporting, assist the Production Management and Operations teams in invoice processing and payroll, and liaise with Corporate Finance on project costs. In addition, they will assist with the day-to-day series accounting needs including managing field advances, production credit card payments and reconciliations, and Production Accountant will also work alongside the teams responsible for insurance, rights and clearances, risk management, staffing and post production operations to insure information flow and project compliance from pre-production through delivery.
- Manage day-to-day production accounting across a portfolio of projects to include non-fiction series, news specials, and documentary films including providing timely, accurate and complete analysis and reporting: cost reports, cash flows, and trial balances
- Collaborate with both studio and production teams to provide day-to-day guidance and problem-solving on work flows and enforcements of accounting procedures
- Coordinate onboarding and other accounting and payroll startup materials for each project, working alongside counterparts in other departments to communicate compliance guidelines and facilitate systems onboarding.
- Liaise between production team and Finance to cost track during production process and investigate cost discrepancies
- Provide Operations WBS and account coding for processing for all invoices, payroll and credit card statements
- Provide Finance with any FTE staff allocations for Hulu after production has ended
- Facilitate production cash advances and credit card management – including setting up new accounts, troubleshooting company issued credit cards and working closely with Line Producers and Production Managers on Purchase Card (P-card) reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing non-purchase order invoices to assure accurate budget coding and necessary approvals are included prior to submission.
- Work closely with Line Producers and Operations on preparing 3rd party payroll services payments.
- Ad-Hoc financial accounting reporting for various shows/projects, as requested.
- Collaborate on special projects as needed to assist in improving the work flows and best practices of the department
- 3-6 years of production accounting experience, including experience as the primary or 2nd production accountant on premium non-fiction series
- Expertise working in PSL, Movie Magic Budgeting, Concur, SAP, and other production finance systems
- Working knowledge of domestic and foreign tax forms such as W-9 and W8-BEN
- Expertise processing payroll for union and non-union productions
- Experience preparing financial reporting for Network and C-Suite level partners
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to function in both a quick turn news environment and a longer term documentary production environment
- Calm under pressure and a willingness to be flexible to determine how best to work with different production teams
- Experience in a production company or studio/network production accounting/finance capacity
- A passion for non-fiction content, with both a news and documentary focus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience