Senior Writers are often the lead writers on their assigned shifts. They are expected to handle varied and complex story assignments.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jul 01, 2022
Senior Writers, as well as all CNNI writers, must have the ability to turn in accurately assigned scripts to Copy Editors according to network deadlines and style.
- ·A strong, conversational writing style is a requirement.
- ·Candidates must demonstrate an aptitude for the latest production technologies and techniques in enhancing scripts.
- ·Senior Writers are also frequently called upon to copy edit.
- ·Experience in this area is preferred
** Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights **
- ·The successful applicant must have a BA or equivalent work experience.
- ·Applicants are required to have a minimum of 7 years of experience as a writer in broadcast (or other) journalism with demonstrated abilities beyond show writing, i.e. copy editing, show production, story production, and long-form production.
- ·A working knowledge of international news is essential, and political news is preferred.
- ·The Senior Writer should have an ear to know what the anchor needs in scripts, and the flexibility to adapt.
- ·Successful candidates will demonstrate a knowledge of and active participation in social media as a news tool, and will also demonstrate leadership, effective communication skills, and the desire to mentor aspiring journalists.
Day, Evening, Overnight