TRG Multimedia: This role creates set designs and style boards based on art direction and project parameters for constantly evolving sets used within a commercial photography, video, and CGI content production studio.
The Set Designer will report to the Studio Floor Manager, assist the Construction and Art Teams, and work
closely within the Set Design team. This role creates set designs and style boards based on art direction
and project parameters for constantly evolving sets used within a commercial photography, video,
and CGI content production studio. While this may be a unique position in a unique field, we’ve
found that Interior Designers, Architects and Draftsman can translate very well.
TRG is a nationally renowned photography, video, and CGI production facility unique in the industry for
offering a variety of content production services all under one roof. With the latest acquisition of a 160,000sq ft space, TRG has quickly grown into a premier multimedia studio in the nation.
Who We’re Looking For:
• An incredible work ethic and great attitude that meshes well with the team. TRG has a long history of
hiring people who have great attitudes and share a passion for our creative industry.
• Extremely organized yet also flexible enough to handle consistent priority changes.
• A person who understands the importance of the little things that make our clients’ experience while
in the studio something special.
• Must work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Not afraid to take risks and try new things, continually testing and learning
• Ability to handle many simultaneous moving timelines and shifting priorities.
• The ability to perform all duties while still having fun and genuinely liking your job.
• An extreme love of puppies and dumb jokes is a plus.
• Someone who can work easily with a studio full of caffeine addicts, creative weirdos, and a handful of
• Create set designs and style boards based off of art direction and project parameters for both
photography sets and CGI sets
o Often elevated residential kitchens, bathrooms and living spaces
• Determine feasibility of design within available parameters
• Produce renders for use on design boards and client approval prior to construction phase
• Coordinate between Art Department and Construction Department on construction needs, questions, and modifications
• Create construction drawings
• Daily studio walkthroughs to check-in with Set Director and Construction Leads, visit sets, analyze for accuracy of construction and answer questions from the team.
• Strong understanding of design and construction
• Ability to walk throughout a 160,000 sq ft studio all-day
• Ability to take direction from multiple team leaders
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, InDesign, and Foyr NEO (or similar program)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
• Experience in this industry or with set design/construction is helpful but not required
• NKBA Certification a plus